The Spokane Regional Transportation Council is seeking public comments on a proposed amendment to the 2019-2022 Transportation Improvement Program that would add four new projects and modifies the scope of one existing project.
The TIP is a document that identifies projects and programs to be undertaken or constructed during the upcoming four years. It includes project names and descriptions, the jurisdiction sponsoring them, funding attached to each and the funding source (local, state or federal funds).
The TIP is amended throughout the year as SRTC’s member jurisdictions have projects to add, change, or remove from the program; often as funding becomes available or projects move toward being construction-ready.
This month’s proposed amendment includes:
- Citywide Reflective Sign Post Panels – This new city of Spokane Valley project will add reflective panels to sign posts and replace failed signs as needed
- Citywide Reflective Sign Backplates – Also from city of Spokane Valley to add reflective sheeting to traffic signal backplates and replace failing signal heads as needed
- I-90/Barker to Harvard-Add Lane Harvard Rd Bridge- WSDOT proposes to add an additional northbound lane from the intersection north across bridge 90-589 to the westbound on ramp.
- I-90/Barker to Harvard-Improve Interchanges & Local Roads – The change to this WSDOT project will improve interchanges and connect local road network north and south at Henry Road.
- I-90 Barker to Harvard-WB On-Ramp Improvement – This WSDOT project will combine two existing on-ramps together prior to connection to I-90, reducing the merge onto I-90 from two locations into one.
Detailed information on the projects proposed for amendment are both attached and on the SRTC website at srtc.org/transportation-improvement-program/ (scroll down to “TIP Amendments”). More information on the 2019-2022 Transportation Improvement
Program can also be found there. Hardcopies of both the TIP and the proposed amendment are available by calling 343-6370.
All comments must be received by 4 p.m. on Friday, March 1, 2019.
Comments can be submitted by emailing to firstname.lastname@example.org, mailing to SRTC at 421 W Riverside Ave, Suite 500, Spokane WA, or by calling 343-6370.