May 25 marked the 95th anniversary of the Greater Spokane Valley Chamber of Commerce.
This milestone was commemorated at the second “BIG 5” summit held at Spokane Valley Tech, where champions of the five initiatives shared updates on plans, progress, and partners who will fuel a process to secure a bright future for the Greater Spokane Valley.
The Greater Spokane Valley Chamber of Commerce was organized on May 25, 1921, in Greenacres by a group of business leaders who saw the need for an organization to represent business interests and to coordinate community events in the Spokane Valley. One of the more popular events was the annual all-Valley picnic at Liberty Lake.
For nearly a century, the chamber has served businesses and organizations as members in all communities of eastern Spokane County. Originally meeting in a community building in Greenacres, operations were eventually moved to a more permanent location in what is now the city of Spokane Valley. The chamber is now located in Liberty Lake in the lower level of the Liberty Square building, sub-leasing office space for six growing businesses.
In October 2015, the Greater Spokane Valley Chamber of Commerce celebrated its return to financial stability after a decade. The chamber continues to grow in membership with nearly 600 members.
The Greater Spokane Valley Chamber of Commerce is a member-driven and professionally staffed nonprofit association of business people committed to improving the economic climate and the quality of life in the Greater Spokane Valley.
Membership is not limited to the geographic area of the Spokane Valley and is recommended for any business or organization that desires a business presence in the Spokane Valley. Membership is open to any business, nonprofit organization or retired individual.