The city of Spokane Valley is seeking applicants to fill a vacancy in Position 7 on the City Council.
The vacancy is a result of Bill Bates' resignation due to health concerns.
The individual to be appointed will serve an interim term until a candidate selected by voters in the November 2017 general election is sworn in after the election results are certified. Individuals eligible to apply for an appointment to the position:
- Must be a citizen of the United States
- Must be 18 years of age or older
- Must be a resident of the city of Spokane Valley for a year or more preceding appointment
- Must be registered to vote in the city of Spokane Valley at the time of application
- Cannot be a convicted felon (unless those civil rights have been restored pursuant to Washington state RCW 9.96 and RCW 42.04.020), and
- May not hold any other office or employment within the City of Spokane Valley government.
Interested eligible residents can find an application on the city's Web site at spokanevalley.org by selecting the "News" link. Copies are also available at City Hall, 11707 E. Sprague Ave., Suite 106, or by calling 720-5102.
Also, those who applied for open seats in council Positions 2 and 5who wish to also be considered to fill the vacancy in Position 7 must contact City Clerk Chris Bainbridge at email@example.com or 720-5102 by the deadline below to request that their application be added to the pool of applicants.
Completed applications must be received by the City Clerk no later than 4 p.m. on Friday, July 1.
Late applications will not be accepted.
Applications will not be accepted by email or fax; they must be hand-delivered or mailed to:
Chris Bainbridge, City Clerk
City of Spokane Valley
11707 E. Sprague Ave., Suite 106
Spokane Valley, WA 99206
The City Council will review applications and select those to be interviewed. Interviews are tentatively scheduled to occur during an open Council meeting at 6:00pm on Tuesday, July 19, 2016.
Those selected for interview will be notified in advance.
The City Council anticipates making the appointment to fill the vacancies at its Tuesday, July 26, 2016 Council meeting, upon which the appointee will be sworn in and seated.
For more information call 509-720-5102 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.