The sound of horsehide on ash will ring on at least three fields in the Spokane Valley next week, as the Spokane-Coeur d’Alene Wood bat Classic gets underway July 3-6.
As per usual there will be a 28-team senior tournament and a junior tournament with 50 teams, according to organizer Mike Padden. The junior tournament semifinals and final will be held at Ramsey Field in Coeur d’Alene. The senior tournament culminates at A.K. Jackson field in Spokane. Both will take place July 6.
Highlight Spokane Valley games will include:
East Valley, 15711 E. Wellesley Ave.
- East Valley vs. Northwest Premier, 3:30 p.m., July 3
- Shadle vs. East Valley, 6 p.m., July 3
- East Valley vs. Fort Macleod, 3:30 p.m., July 4
- Whalley vs. East Valley, 6 p.m., July 4
Central Valley, Eighth Avenue and Sullivan
- Freeman vs. Missoula, 3:30 p.m., 3:30 p.m., July 3
- Trail vs. Freeman, 6 p.m., July 3
- Freeman vs. Red Bluff, 3:30 p.m., July 4
- Eagle vs. Freeman, 6 p.m., July 4
West Valley, 8301 E. Buckye Ave.
- West Valley vs. Somba, 8 a.m., July 3
- Sunnyside vs. West Valley, 6 p.m., July 3
- West Valley vs. Great Falls, 8 a.m., July 4